St. Paul’s will hold its 2019 Advent Fair on Saturday, December 7, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. This is an all-parish event that provides a major portion of our annual fundraising revenue and a wonderful opportunity for fellowship.
What can you do to help?
If you are a guest, friend, or shopper:
Mark your calendar for Saturday the 7th, and come prepared for a wonderful Christmas market, featuring:
- Handmade crafts
- Gorgeous gift baskets
- Live glassblowing demonstration, with ornaments and other glass items for sale
- Raffle for a Nintendo Switch Lite or two tickets to 1776 at the American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge
- Homemade baked goods, from soups and sauce to cookies and pies
- Silent auction of goods and services
- Gifts to support our mission and outreach
- Good-quality white elephants
- Children’s crafts and activities
- Snack bar
If you are a parishioner:
- Attend a basket workshop in the loft on Sundays after church or Tuesday mornings.
- Attend a crafts workshop weekday evenings (see weekly email and bulletin for locations)
- Help advertise the Fair with a lawn sign (see Emily Mitchell for details) or a flyer
- Make a cash donation to offset costs of supplies, or purchase supplies for baskets
- Bake or can something for the Country Kitchen, including the ever-popular Soups to Go section: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c44abaf22a2fa7-2019
- Bake cookies for the Cookie Walk: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4ea9ae22a2fe3-advent
- Donate good-quality new or gently used items for our White Elephant sale
- Contribute an item to the Silent Auction! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a48aeaf2da57-silent3
- Volunteer to set up Friday afternoon, help during the fair, and/or clean up Saturday afternoon
If you have any questions, or if you want to help, please contact Betsey Anderson or John Mitchell.