St. Paul’s intends to hold an Advent Fair in 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fair will be different from years past, with many items available for sale online and in advance. We may have some in-person shopping opportunities on Saturday, December 5, depending on public-health guidelines and volunteer availability. Stay tuned for more details!
St. Paul’s Advent Fair is an annual all-parish event that provides a major portion of our annual fundraising revenue and a wonderful opportunity for fellowship.
What can you do to help?
If you are a guest, friend, or shopper (note: 2020 features will be different from what’s listed below):
Mark your calendar for the first Saturday in December, and come prepared for a wonderful Christmas market, featuring:
- Handmade crafts
- Gorgeous gift baskets
- Live glassblowing demonstration, with ornaments and other glass items for sale
- Homemade baked goods, from soups and sauce to cookies and pies
- Silent auction of goods and services
- Gifts to support our mission and outreach
- Good-quality white elephants
- Children’s crafts and activities
- Snack bar
If you are a parishioner (note: 2020 opportunities will be different from what’s listed below):
- Attend a basket workshop in the loft on Sundays after church or Tuesday mornings.
- Attend a crafts workshop weekday evenings (see weekly email and bulletin for locations)
- Help advertise the Fair with a lawn sign (see Emily Mitchell for details) or a flyer
- Make a cash donation to offset costs of supplies, or purchase supplies for baskets
- Bake or can something for the Country Kitchen, including the ever-popular Soups to Go section.
- Bake cookies for the Cookie Walk.
- Donate good-quality new or gently used items for our White Elephant sale
- Contribute an item to the Silent Auction!
- Volunteer to set up Friday afternoon, help during the fair, and/or clean up Saturday afternoon
If you have any questions, or if you want to help, please contact Cathy McSwain or John Mitchell.