St. Paul’s will hold its 2017 Advent Fair on Saturday, December 2, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. This is an all-parish event that provides a major portion of our annual fundraising revenue and a wonderful opportunity for fellowship.
What can you do to help?
If you are a guest, friend, or shopper:
Mark your calendar for Saturday the 2nd, and come prepared for a wonderful Christmas market, featuring:
- Handmade crafts
- Gorgeous gift baskets
- Live glassblowing demonstration, with ornaments and other glass items for sale
- Raffle tickets
- Homemade baked goods, from soups and sauce to cookies and pies
- Silent auction of goods and services
- Vintage jewelry
- Gifts to support our mission and outreach
- Good-quality white elephants
- Children’s crafts and activities
- Snack bar
If you are a parishioner:
- Attend a basket workshop in the loft on Sundays after church or Tuesday mornings. Check the item signup regularly for needed donations: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a8ac2ba1fa7-2016
- Attend a crafts workshop weekday evenings (see weekly email and bulletin for locations)
- Help advertise the Fair with a lawn sign (see Emily Mitchell for details) or a flyer
- Make a cash donation to offset costs of supplies, or purchase supplies for baskets
- Bake or can something for the Country Kitchen, including the ever-popular Soups to Go section
- Bake cookies for the Cookie Walk
- Donate good-quality new or gently used items for our White Elephant sale
- Donate jewelry you no longer use to our Vintage Jewelry table
- Contribute an item to the Silent Auction!
- Volunteer to set up Friday afternoon, help during the fair, and/or clean up Saturday afternoon
If you have any questions, or if you want to help, please contact Betsey Anderson or John Mitchell.