Summer Worship Protocols
We are very excited to announce that we are planning to resume in-person worship in the Sanctuary on Sunday, July 11 at 9:00 am.
This has been a long time in coming, and we are glad to open the Sanctuary again for
worship! Following the service, we will offer iced-tea and lemonade, as we often do on summer Sundays, making use of our Courtyard Garden to do so.
As with other churches in our Diocese, our Operational Adaptations Team has elected to continue to keep several important precautions in place as we begin the transition back to indoor worship. A number of our congregants are not yet able to be vaccinated (most notably, children under 12), and so we want to continue to proceed with caution as we move back towards more normal operations.
Here is what we are planning for July and August worship (as of now, subject to change!):
- Sunday worship services will be open for parishioners to attend at 9:00 a.m.
- You will NOT have to sign up to attend in person, nor will you need to “check in” on arrival.
- If you are feeling unwell, or know of a recent COVID exposure, please stay home.
- Live Streaming of services will still continue on YouTube.
- Summer services will be followed by a simple (optional) fellowship time of iced tea and lemonade offered outside in our Courtyard Garden. (Zoom Coffee Hour will be on break for July and August). If it rains, we will host this in the parish hall, and ask that masks stay on except when eating or drinking.
We encourage parishioners to sit well-spaced from other households, especially if your household includes unvaccinated persons. Every other pew will be closed off. If you need help finding seats a comfortable distance from others, please ask an usher to assist you.
- Following our diocesan guidance, to allow for congregational singing during worship we WILL continue to require masks to be worn indoors on Sunday mornings. Extra masks will be available in the Narthex.
- Masks will NOT be required outdoors on the church grounds, but may be worn by any of us who choose. Those who are not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to follow CDC
recommendations and remain masked and distanced.
- Congregational singing will be allowed, since masks are to be worn.
- Worship leaders will remove their masks when speaking and will keep extra distance.
- At the Peace, we encourage a wave or head nod or an elbow bump; please no hugs just yet.
- We will continue to share communion in Bread only (no wine).
- Offering plates will not be passed, but will be left at the rear of the Sanctuary for people to turn in their offering as they arrive or depart.
- Windows will be opened throughout the service to promote air exchange.